More about my personality…
I am fascinated by personality typing. Because of this, and because clients have asked me about “my type” throughout the years, I have taken quite a few personality tests. I started with Myers Briggs back in the corporate world, then DISC when I coached within the Anthony Robbins coaching system before becoming a VA. Some are very insightful, so in case they are ‘your thing’ I thought I would gather them all together for you here.
ESFJ – The Caregiver
Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in our environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who we are and for what we contribute.
ESFJs generally have the following traits:
- Can be depended on to follow things through to completion
- Enjoy creating order, structure and schedules
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Warm-hearted and sympathetic
- Tend to put others’ needs above their own
- Very good at giving practical care
- Very cooperative, good team members
- Practical and down-to-earth
- Value peaceful living and security
- Enjoy variety, but work well with routine tasks
- Need approval from others
- Receive satisfaction from giving to others
- Live in the here and now – dislike theorizing about the future (this is not always true for me, though)
Guardian. Guardians are dependable, hard-working individuals focused on credentials and traditions.
All Guardians share the following core characteristics:
- Guardians take pride in being dependable, helpful, and hard working.
- Guardians make loyal mates, responsible parents, and stabilizing leaders.
- Guardians tend to be dutiful, cautious, humble, and focused on credentials and traditions.
- Guardians are concerned citizens who trust authority, join groups, seek security, prize gratitude, and dream of meting out justice.
Top 5 Signature Themes are:
Communication: I am able to bring attention and focus to important messages. I can find words for not only my own thoughts and feelings, but for others. I am able to reach out and connect with others in meaningful ways.
Learner: I love to learn. I also intuitively know how I learn best.
Activator: I naturally see how to turn ideas into action.
Deliberative: I bring a thorough and conscientious approach to endeavors.
Strategic: I have the ability to sort through the clutter and find the best route.
Dominant Energy Type
Type 3. Here are just a few of the gifts of the “Type Three Woman”:
- We take action quickly, and we finish what you start. We have the ability to manage many tasks at once.
- We are passionate and confident.
- We are practical.
- We are big-hearted and care deeply about people and causes.
- We tend to be friendly and talkative in social situations. We can easily converse about many subjects.
- We are entrepreneurial and love figuring things out on your own.
Type 2: The Helper The caring, nurturing, and interpersonal type.
This type is caring, empathetic, warm, thoughtful, appreciative, generous, other-oriented, tactile, affectionate, well-intentioned, and demonstrative. At our best we are encouraging, loving, self-nurturing, constant, joyous, humble, forgiving, gracious, and compassionate.
Kolbe -A Score: 7-6-4-3
Fact Finder: Specifying; I like to get as many facts as possible.
Follow Thru: Maintain; I detect discrepancies and adjust procedures.
Quick Start: Modify; Check things out before trying.
My Natural/Internal Style is DISC Type is S/DC
My Adaptive/External Style is DISC Type is very high D followed by C.
I crave structure, logical processes, and to work at a steady pace. I prefer a structured, peaceful environment. I prefer working alone although I sometimes like interacting with individuals or small groups. I avoid the spotlight and work in the background to make systems and process better and to help others.
My Primary Drive Validating data with critical thinking in a collaborative environment
My Greatest Gifts Consistency and commitment to quality and order
What I Contribute Collecting, evaluating, and organizing information, checking quality and accuracy
My Ideal Environment A structured environment where I can focus on a specialized task
My Greatest Concern Surprises and illogical thinking
When I am Stressed Defensive, worrisome, concerned, patient pursuit of information
Blind Spot Focusing on too many details
Spiritual Gifts are:
Administration The God-given gift of administration is found in people who are able to give direction and make decisions on behalf of others that result in efficient operation and accomplishment of goals. We are generally able to organize people, things, information, finances, etc. in a “fitting and orderly way”.
Helps The God-given gift of helps or service is found in people who joyfully work alongside others and help complete tasks. We generally prefer to work behind the scenes and we find joy in helping alleviate the burdens and responsibilities of others.
Faith The God-given gift of faith is found in people who expect that God will move, trust that God is sovereign and good, and we take Him at His Word. We put the full weight of our lives in His good hands and are not surprised when He answers our prayer.
Personal Brilliance is Action Hero
One who is in the process of acting or doing, habitually showing vigorous activity or energy. One who possesses great initiative.
It’s all about action! Innovation isn’t innovation unless something is produced that has an impact. The action hero regularly transfers an idea into action. This is our habit. The action hero is not afraid of failure, rather we see each attempt as part of the journey. The action hero seldom lets an idea die on the vine. We are a motivator to move forward.
iPersonic is Engaged Idealist
Adjectives that describe Engaged Idealist: extroverted, theoretical, emotional, planning, idealistic, committed, likable, enthusiastic, responsible, helpful, loyal, diplomatic, friendly, inspiring, caring, solicitous, optimistic, effusive, adaptable, communicative, articulate, convincing, energetic, optimistic, open, and vulnerable.
Gary Smalley Personality Types Inventory
Beaver, followed closely by Lion
Beavers are hard-working, detailed, accurate, focused on quality.
Lions are leaders, decisive, bottom line, problem-solvers, not conversational.
Which Lioness Are You?
Leader and Protector
Leader: A woman of vision, able to see the big picture and how and where each person most effectively fits; a strategist and planner. Willingly work under Godly authority and easily lead those under my authority. Deborah.
I am a “Beloved”: Beloveds quickly attract new relationships and keep them with stability. Beloveds are like a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies: dependable, nurturing, dedicated, and completely authentic.
- Primary trigger: Passion. Beloveds create strong and immediate emotional connections and inspire people to want to be involved.
- Secondary trigger: Trust. Beloveds earn loyalty through dependability and radiate a sincere, familiar warmth. This brings stability and calm to situations.
Beloveds have a gift of making others feel comfortable; are hard-wired to keep things safe, and are uncomfortable with tension.